Friday 12 January 2018

Fallow’s End House - part 2

This is a model I assembled around five years ago that has gone through a couple of transformations along the way. With Malign Portents on the way I have finished it and added it to my Harrowmark scenery as a "quick win".

It will get used as both a "normal" house in the village of Wortbad, and a lone house out in the wilds of the Harrowmark; on bleak Sorrow Fen or in the depths of the malignant forests.






I really enjoyed painting the tiny angels of death on the reliquaries on both sides of the house!




I picked the name "Fallow's End House" while I was building this house because I thought it sounded good. I later found out that there is a type of deer called the Fallow Deer, so when I was thinking about what to paint on the sign a deer skull seemed appropriately dark.



 


It's probably not good news on that pamphlet...



Details about the build are here.

10 comments:

  1. Looks great!!

    Love the little details and touches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COOL! I like the dark look it has,...The attention to detail is fantastic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Christof! I've started to try to treat scenery with as much attention as individual character models. I think it's worth it!

      Delete
  3. Great work! Took a solid build and really brought it to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work! I very like details and freehand!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is cracking! I love the variation of neutral colours you've worked into this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! This has pretty much become my standard colour palette for Harrowmark scenery now, it's almost formulaic! Adding freehand details keeps it fun though. =D

      Delete