Aeons ago the Sorrowshards were a soul-prism that filtered the soul-energy of sacrificial victims for the wealthy and powerful of Commorragh. Now the area of the Dark City that surrounds it is abandoned and neglected. Not all of the soul-energy could be extracted, nor were they all wanted, so remnants of all its victims personalities remain within the crystals.
~ 🜩 ~
This is made from the large round "Sigmarite Dais" kit from the "Dominion of Sigmar" AoS scenery range, with 3 chained floating pyramids (from the "Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault Arcane Hazards" kit) and added Drukhari wreckage details.
The paint recipe was kind of experimental for me, as I have only attempted OSL once before (for Shadows of Commorragh scenery!) and it completely failed that time, so I abandoned it and repainted it more conventionally.
- Spray undercoated Chaos Black.
- Zenithal spray base coated Mechanicus Standard grey.
- The dark green part is an Incubi Darkness base coat, drybrushed with Kabalite Green, then Sybarite Green and then a Sybarite/white mix.
- I sprayed the centre of the dais with Grey Seer, concentrating in the centre and fading to just dusting the edges of the top. I tried to avoid getting any Grey Seer on the sides.
- I painted neat Aethermatic Blue (Contrast) onto the centre of the Grey Seer area and Akhelian Green (Contrast) round the edge where the Grey Seer faded into the dark green stone.
- I blended the two while they were still wet by mixing Contrast Medium with Aethermatic and mixing them on the model.
- When it was dry I lightly dry-brushed white over the Aethermatic and Sybarite over the Akhelian.