Thursday 25 May 2017

Blackrocks - part 6: The Charybdis Occulum (WIP)

Blackrocks is a ruined town in the dark forests of the Harrowmark that has been partially rebuilt using materials from shipwrecks.

This project started as a new "scenery set" for my Pirate Orruks: I had a sort of cliched "tropical desert island" look in mind when I set out. It was going to be a ruined port town in the Realm of Beasts.

Over the months (and months and months) that have gone by since I started I have changed direction with it, so now it is part of my existing Realm of Death scenery set - a ruin in the dark forests of The Harrowmark, in Shyish. My Pirate Orruks are going to be sailing flying ships over a malignant forest (a setting that owes everything to John Blanche's recent "Voodoo Forest" illustration project).

This means a much darker and more sinister paint-job was required than I had envisaged originally - lots more washes of Athonian Camoshade and Agrax Earthshade!

It's still WIP as I still have to add the dead grass flock and leaf litter that my other "Wortbad" scenery all has but the painting is complete now.





2 comments:

  1. Thats lovely work man, really thematic and quite the backdrop to future conversion goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sebastian! I'm looking forward to surrounding it with forests and playing a game of AoS Skirmish over it!

      Delete