Tuesday 2 October 2018

Shadows of Commorragh - part 4

The Bleaksouls (so far)

I still need to add a handful of models to bring them to 100 points for a Kill Team (they only come to about 75 at the moment). I will also add a few more options for my roster so I have some choices of what to use for each game of the campaign.

~ 🜾 ~

All painted in basically the same way: 
  • Undercoated Chaos Black (spray). Zenithal base coated Mechanicus Standard grey (spray). Very lightly Drybrushed White Scar all over, especially on the edges of armour plates. 
  • Armour washed with Coelia Greenshade. Some areas darkened with Drakenhof Nightshade and/or watered-down Incubi Darkness. Edges of armour armour lightly dry-brushed with Sybarite Green.
  • Flesh painted with Rakarth Flesh base, washed with Agrax Earthshade, mid-tone with Rakarth Flesh and highlighted with Pallid Wych Flesh.
  • Hair painted with Evil Sunz Scarlet, washed with Agrax Earthshade and highlighted Evil Sunz Scarlet.
  • Visors painted with Evil Sunz Scarlet, washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted Evil Sunz Scarlet at the bottom, top wash with Nuln Oil again.


~ 🜩 ~

Baesheque - Wych with 2 Hekatari Blades
(Sister of Silence with Wych head and arms.)

Tagazhar Bleaksoul - The Kill Team leader with Blast Pistol and Power Sword
(Wych head, legs, arms and lower torso. Archon upper torso and cape.)

Izurad - Wych with Splinter pistol and Hekatari Blade
(Dark Elf Blood Bowl Lineman with Wych hands.)

Meriseth - Wych with Splinter pistol and Hekatari Blade
(Wildwood Ranger with Wych head and arms.)

Yariaq - Wych with Splinter pistol and Hekatari Blade
(Blood Bowl Blitzer with Wych hands and masked head)

Iyskyth - Kabalite with Splinter Rifle
(Kabalite with Wych head)

Jaenis - Wych with Splinter pistol and Hekatari Blade
(Archon legs and lower torso, Wych upper torso, masked head and hands.)

~ 🜟 ~

A few shots of the new models on my tiny Commorragh scenery maquette.


5 comments:

  1. Nice warband. They exude sinister darkness. I like what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cool group there. I like what you did using the Kabalites and Nightmares for bodies and then adding Wych Weapons. I much prefer that look (you know, with actual armour) to the Wych torsos/legs. Actually, that got me poking around on eBay, and it looks like it'll actually be substantially cheaper to get Kabalite legs and torsos as bitz and just buy a box of Wyches and sell off the bodies or whatever, than to buy a box of Warriors and then bitz order the Wych weapons and heads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider!
      I have loads of Wyches (I was given some spares parts, I bought a box for arms and heads, plus I have another on the way in the "Slicing Noose" box!). But I agree the torsos and legs are not as good looking as the Kabalites. But I also still have 10 Naggaroth Nightmares, 8 Wildwood Rangers and 4 Sisters of Silence, so I won't be short on bodies! =D
      I look forward to seeing any Drukhari you make! ;-)

      Delete
    2. I can't remember if I mentioned it here, but I did actually get a Unit of Hellions, and the build on them came out 80% good. I should take pics before I prime them this afternoon.

      Delete