Saturday 4 July 2020

Turnip28: Post-Apocalyptic-Napoleonic Fantasy - part 2

The 33rd Parsnip Old Guard

A horrible  world of rain, mud, starvation, warfare awaits them. And hideous root vegetables.

A world where the technology level is about the same as Europe in 1812, but with more armour and less horses or artillery. And more hideous root vegetables. 









Lieutenant Navet joins the regiment as the warband's leader! I've built a second batch, including an officer (who I have given a mask as I like the idea of him wearing a bicorn hat as well as a helmet). There are more chopped-up Poxwalkers for horrible root vegetables and I found some rats in my bits box too...










10 comments:

  1. I shared some of your pictures (and other turnip28 pics) with my gaming group and they were inspired to kitbash. There's been a bunch of roman and gaul ww2 mashups in the resulting emails. I usually use white glue to attach static grass to basing materials. I suspect it wouldn't have the necessary stick for plastic figs.....did you use airplane glue or CA or....?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dave, that's great to hear! I used superglue to attach the static grass, and put a little texture and crackle paint over it once the glue was dry. Both were before I undercoated the models too, so the static grass was painted afterwards.

      Delete
  2. That's a pretty striking effect you've cooked up, there. Definitely something I won't forget in a hurry. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Warren!
      I hope you don't have turnipy nightmares! 🤣

      Delete
  3. These are great Saul! Remind me of one of my old armies...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil! I can see that!
      The project is not my idea but it's a lot of fun :)

      Delete
  4. So the weather in this world is so orribile you cannot avoid having vegetables growing on your body? Ouch!
    But great inspiration indeed :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much yeah... They are not friendly vegetables either!

      Delete