Monday 13 May 2019

The Mushloonz - part 13 - Thomm the Trogg


Thomm the Rockgut Troggoth wandered randomly through the caves and forests of the Harrowmark until he met Loonboss Skragbad and his crew. The grots adopted him and used him variously as a pack animal, a living shield, a battering ram and a tool for intimidation and extortion. The fortunes of all of them were improved greatly.

- 🍄 -

Thomm (who will soon be joined by Durg and Ar-Ree) was painted with a mix of dry-brushing, washes and edge highlights. I was struggling with getting him to look right so I was a trying all sorts of things along the way. He took a lot longer than I expected as a result. I wanted him to look a bit like the classic "blue Stone Troll" illustration from Warhammer 5th edition.

The moss on his shoulders is a mix of Agrellan Badlands texture paint and static grass.





4 comments:

  1. Looks like you pretty much nailed the classic Stone Troll vibe to me! The moss on the shoulders gives me some ideas for what I want to do with Mollog, too. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider! I look forward to seeing your Mollog =)

      Delete