Monday 20 May 2019

The Graveroot Wargrove, Part 7

We sing the Spirit Song for the dead.
We stalk the Spirit Paths of the Harrowmark.
We reap the bitter harvest of tears and bones.

We hunt those who would despoil the forest.
We protect the ancient secret that lies hidden beneath it.
We are living vengeance in the land of the dead.

We are the blades that cut the night.
We are the watchers in the dark.
We are the eyes and the claws of the forest.

~ 🙐 ~

I finished three more models for the Graveroot over the weekend. Hemlock Bitterblade, Arch-Revenant, and two Tree-Revenants:


The details of the build of this model are in my previous post. The colour scheme is the same as I described here.

Hemlock Bitterblade will be the leader of the Graveroot Wargrove







Githago, Tree-Revenant Waypiper






Nemorosa, Tree-Revenant





I will add the two new Tree-Revenants to the Underworlds Revenants (I will ignore that one of them has a bow as currently the only way to play that is with the Underworlds warband Warscroll, which causes other problems in Skirmish games...) I will probably use the Thornwych as a Branchwych in Skirmish games as well:




The Graveroot Wargrove so far, along with a couple of the Harrowmark Endless Spells (that are the origin of their colour scheme!). More than enough to start using them in 250 point AoS Skirmish games! But I intend to continue building and painting the rest of the Looncurse Sylvaneth over the next few weeks, a few models at a time.



4 comments:

  1. As usual, amazing work, that's an outstanding warband! I really like that color scheme, both colors work great together and the wood has looks both dry and gloomy, creating a really cool effect :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Borgnine!
      I must say I'm pleased with how they look as a group. I wasn't sure it was going to work...

      Delete
  2. Looking great! The more there are in the group, the more clear it becomes how much those head swaps do the personalize and unify the lot of them.

    I really want to get one of those Arch-Revenant Models, as much as anything just to go to town on the wings with colourshift paints.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider.
      The skull faces are where this whole idea started.

      I'm sure the Arch-Revenant will be available separately in a few months. I look forward to seeing your take on it!

      Delete