Monday 5 November 2018

Shadows of Commorragh - part 9

The Dark City is known to have "wandering shadows that tear apart the unwary" and is bathed in the cerulean half-light of the Ilmaea, or "black suns," dying stars taken from realspace by the Aeldari at the height of their technological prowess and installed within their own sub-realms within the Webway to provide Commorragh with light and power.
~ 🜩 ~

I think I have finished my Kill Team for Shadows of Commorragh! (I probably haven't finished.)

Moody atmospheric shots first!






~ 🜃 ~



Laryss (Wych)
Dark Elf Corsair legs and Wych parts from my bits box.





Ravneth (Wych Fighter)
Dark Elf Blood Bowl Player with Wych head and hands a Marauder's cape and a Wizard's hood.





Araren (one of the Parched - either a wych or an NPC)
Coven Throne Vampiress with Wych legs.





Luhzatae (one of the Parched - either a wych or an NPC)
Coven Throne Vampiress with Wych legs and a Daemonette head.





Bahreneq (Wych Fighter)
A Coven Throne Vampiress with Wych legs, head and arms.





~ 🜩 ~

The whole warband - I have split it into three rough groups in this photo: Wyches, Kabalites and the Parched.


7 comments:

  1. Those are looking great! Particularly in the "scenic" shots, with the spooky lighting and all. Even in the clear shots, tho, the two Parched Models look really creepy and disturbing and subtly "wrong" in some hard-to-define way.

    I also like how you've kept the armour/clothing colours going over a number of areas that were sculpted to be flesh. Really helps make the Wych parts, in particular, look less ridiculous and more practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider! The next challenge is to get that kind of lighting into my battle reports!
      I think the "wrongness" of the Parched comes, in part at least, from their very long torsos - I didn't cut down the Wyches waists enough I think. Happy accident? =D

      I never liked the exposed skin concept so it was always my plan to paint it in the "Wych combat suit" colour. Glad it got noticed ;)

      Delete
    2. I think there's a little more to the Parched as well. Some might just be on the original sculptors, like I think Araren's look like they're slightly different sizes. But also, the flow of the cloth is just a little bit off from where it feels like it would be with those leg positions, which makes it feel like they're moving wrong (you know, like in a zombie movie or something where they really nail the body language), and gives them a really interesting sense of motion, even tho they're static Models.

      I actually did basically the same thing with most of the exposed skin on the Mistweaver Saih, but for some reason, I never thought to look at Wyches that way. Such an improvement.

      Delete
    3. I just had an idea for another possible variation on the Wych combat suit thing: Do it as a two-tone thing, so most of what would normally be exposed skin is an undersuit, probably in some fairly neutral colour, and then all the stuff that would normally be cloth is in the Cult's colour. Or they could use the undersuit for the Cult colour scheme, and then each Wych could have their own personal colours on the overlayer.

      Dammit, why am I broke and not able to pick up a Slicing Noose box right now. I want to get started on this!

      Delete
    4. I think you could be right about the Parched. The Vampiress models are really creepy and very well sculpted.

      I love the idea of a different coloured undersuit!
      I grabbed a Slicing Noose box from eBay with a nice discount ;)

      Delete
    5. I can't even afford it with a discount right now. Other than what's already set aside for bills and such, I've got about $15 for the rest of the month.

      I'll hopefully be able to get it from Frontline next month, along with Blackstone Fortress. I took a look on eBay, and most of them had the same discount as Frontline does, or less. What really amused me, tho, was the number of places that had it listed for more than what it costs directly from GW.

      In a couple of regards, it's actually kind of nice not having anything in the hobby budget for a while. I'm doing some solid work catching up on things that have been sitting around, rather than getting distracted by whatever shiny new stuff has come out.

      Delete
    6. I can relate to that! I need to buy some kits to make scenery...

      I never understood how people manage to sell current kits for more than GW retail!

      Catching up is a good idea. I could do with some of that....

      Delete