Monday 26 November 2018

Grandfather Kurgan's Genestealer Cult, part 10

Basking in the sheer alien glory of the patron that infected them, Acolyte Hybrids Darsai and Sketan crooned and hissed in the gloom of the underhive. When the time came to throw off the torn robes they used to disguise their foulness, the Acolytes crawled out of the mines into the lamplight of Mancunius Dome, their grotesque faces twisted in subhuman glee. They displayed a bizarre blend of the species from which they hail – the speed of a Purestrain Genestealer twinned with human cunning is a potent combination. The hybrids fired off volleys of pistol fire, before descending on the enemy in a riot of claws, close combat weapons and screamed praise to their masters.
~ Ձ ~

With all the Genestealer Cults news over the weekend I was inspired to finish off these three models - they have been sat on my desk for three months as I lost interest in working on them when the grey zenithal-spray basecoat went weird and gritty on them. I did my best to clean it off the Goliath Neophyte (with an old toothbrush), but it took a long time and by the time I got to the Acolytes the paint had cured pretty hard and it was too late.

But coming back to them I found I wasn't nearly as bothered by it so I think I have made my peace with it.

I have a Kill Team game arranged for Friday this week - I think it's time the Order of the Guardian rose up!








4 comments:

  1. While the gritty look like that doesn't work for everything, there are a lot of places it can actually be pretty cool. I've learned to work around it, since the weather here is almost never really suitable for working with sprays. Darsai's weapons are a great example, you got it looking just as tho they've been poorly maintained and cleaned. I also really like the fade on Chovan's head. It brings the focus right into his face and all those nasty teeth very effectively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider! Chovan is the one I'm most pleased with in this little group.

      It isn't the first time I've had this gritty effect but the other times it was on scenery which was actually improved by it! ;)

      Delete
  2. Mashing up Goliaths and Genestealers! Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chris! I've done some Orlocks and Blood Bowl humans too. I'm going to add a few Delaque as soon as I can get my hands on them!

      Delete