Friday 30 August 2019

Shadows of Commorragh - part 19

The Sorrowshards

Aeons ago the Sorrowshards were a soul-prism that filtered the soul-energy of sacrificial victims for the wealthy and powerful of Commorragh. Now the area of the Dark City that surrounds it is abandoned and neglected. Not all of the soul-energy could be extracted, nor were they all wanted, so remnants of all its victims personalities remain within the crystals.













~ 🜩 ~

This is made from the large round "Sigmarite Dais" kit from the "Dominion of Sigmar" AoS scenery range, with 3 chained floating pyramids (from the "Warhammer Underworlds: Nightvault Arcane Hazards" kit) and added Drukhari wreckage details.

The paint recipe was kind of experimental for me, as I have only attempted OSL once before (for Shadows of Commorragh scenery!) and it completely failed that time, so I abandoned it and repainted it more conventionally.
  • Spray undercoated Chaos Black.
  • Zenithal spray base coated Mechanicus Standard grey.
  • The dark green part is an Incubi Darkness base coat, drybrushed with Kabalite Green, then Sybarite Green and then a Sybarite/white mix.
  • I sprayed the centre of the dais with Grey Seer, concentrating in the centre and fading to just dusting the edges of the top. I tried to avoid getting any Grey Seer on the sides.
  • I painted neat Aethermatic Blue (Contrast) onto the centre of the Grey Seer area and Akhelian Green (Contrast) round the edge where the Grey Seer faded into the dark green stone.
  • I blended the two while they were still wet by mixing Contrast Medium with Aethermatic and mixing them on the model.
  • When it was dry I lightly dry-brushed white over the Aethermatic and Sybarite over the Akhelian.

8 comments:

  1. You might not have been happy with your earlier results but you can certainly chalk this one up as a success.....it looks ace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Castigator! I am really pleased with it 😁
      My first try at OSL was ... really bad 🤣

      Delete
  2. Okey, it looks great man. I admire your work :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks awesome. Not to mention creepy enough to fit disturbingly well with that bit of backstory.

    The Dominion of Sigmar kits, for me, fall in the "Whoa, that's awesome. *checks price* Not that awesome." category. I do love seeing what those who can afford them have done with them, tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider!

      Yeah, they aren't cheap! 😫
      I made it worse by adding parts from another kit too! 😳

      Delete
  4. The terrain is exceptional my friend!

    ReplyDelete