Wednesday 16 January 2019

The Mushloonz - part 3 - Shootas

The Mushloonz in the Harrowmark

Far from any village in an unusually damp and dark corner of the Harrowmark, is the Dankwood. Home to the Mushloonz and a dozen other Gloomspite tribes it is overrun by mushrooms, troggoths, giant spiders and grots.

The area is riddled with labyrinthine networks of caves and maze-like winding paths through the trees with impenetrable walls of tangled branches and thorny brambles. Cobwebs and clumps of mushrooms are commonplace and daylight rarely penetrates the forest canopy.

- 🍄 -

I have finished the six grots Viktor gave me, and the extra (converted) Shaman and Squig from my bits box.



Noggit (a Madcap Shaman) and Maw (a big Cave Squig).


Stog (Shoota Grot Boss), Snok and Ruk

Skur, Dort (Gonger) and Zeg.



The Mushloonz search the woods of the Harrowmark for interesting fungus.



The warband so far:


This is something I made waaay back, for Warhammer 8th edition, as a marker to show that a Mysterious Wood counted as a "Fungus Forest". I'm really happy to be using it again as an objective marker for Age of Sigmar Skirmish games!

9 comments:

  1. Those all look great but now the question is 'do you have your eye on all the new Gits stuff'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I picked up the book yesterday and I've pre-ordered the Gobbapalooza. Next I want some more Squigs and Rockgut Troggoths too.

      Delete
  2. At first, I misread "Gonger" as being a nickname for Dort, rather than a description of his role. Might well be both, knowing Gobbos. I like the vibe you've got with the names here. Nice and short, plenty of hard consonants. Reminds me a little of Terry Pratchett's bit about how cats should be named something that could work as a swear word, because no matter how great of a cat it may be, there will still be times when you want to use it as such. "Zut" is the example I recall.

    I really look forward to seeing what you do with the Gobbapalooza. So much great potential in that set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Yes, I remember that Terry Pratchett thing about cats too. It definitely applies to grots.

      I can't wait to get my hands on thoae weird and wonderful grot wizards!

      Delete
  3. These are great! I am working on my own (ancient) Night Goblin army, so it is great fun to see yours. Although you need some spear grots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Packer! I have one spear grot somewhere. Is that enough? 😉

      Delete
    2. Hahahahaha! Nope.
      I might do a half dozen though. I only play Skirmish games, I would never get to put 40 on the table!

      Delete
  4. Are you going to repaint the rim to match on the "Fungus Forest"? I like that you kept the sand from all your other projects, just adding a stone grey rim. Ace!

    ReplyDelete