Thursday 17 January 2019

Grandfather Kurgan's Genestealer Cult, part 11

Cultists spent their whole lives preparing for the day of the final conquest. Generation after generation lived in secrecy, cycle after cycle bearing nauseating fruit. The infected spread the curse to others, and to their children, who in turn infected more. Like a living virus, they expanded exponentially, their numbers swelling until the rulers of the society's underworld were strong enough to seize the entire host planet. Though the later generations of each cycle had the appearance of common men and women, inside they were xenos through and through. Their allegiance was owed only to the organisms that brought the Genestealer Curse to their world, and the hybrids of their hidden kindred. Their Patriarch, starborne and inhuman, squatted at the centre of a web of influence that expanded until it covered the entire world. Every soul in the cult was mindlessly obedient to that repulsive creature, and would give their lives to save it.
~ Ձ ~

More Genestealer Cults news from GW means more Genestealer Cults work from me! (I know, I am fickle. But we are playing some casual Kill Team games between campaigns so my Cults are getting used in games!)


Brother Sava
Shotgun

Made from a (slightly butchered) Tempestus Scion with Neophyte arms and head.  I had started making something else with the Scion months ago but I abandoned that whole project and repurposed the minis as GSC.



Brother Jora
Shotgun

Another Tempestus Scion with Neophyte arms and head.



Brother Nikal
Autogun

Make from an Orlock ganger with a Neophyte head. The neck needed trimming to fit on the orlock body.




Brother Miron
Autogun

A GSC Neophyte with a Skitarii arms. I plan on using the Galvanic Rifle as some kind of sniper autogun.



Brother Stas
Autogun

Made from a Skitarii with Neophyte arms and head.



~ Ձ ~

Next up for my GSC (if I don't include working on stuff that hasn't been released yet!): non-combatant cult members. I'd say "civilians" but I think most (non-PDF anyway) Cultists count as civilian.

4 comments:

  1. Some great kitbashing and painting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look fantastic! It's amazing how much a head/arm swap and a unified paint scheme can do to completely change the look of a Model. In the group pic at the top, it didn't even really register to me that they were conversions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider - I totally know what you mean.
      I'll take it as a sign of a successful job! =D

      Delete