Monday 3 September 2018

Endless Spells of the Harrowmark - part 3

Malevolent Maelstrom

A swirling vortex of Shyishan magic, a tempest that sucks in sorcerous energies and the souls of the dead before exploding in a cataclysmic nova. Death energy is manifest in an unstable, all-consuming vortex that pulls the souls of the slain and the spells of the living screaming unto itself, growing ever more unstable as it does so. Surrounded by a profusion of death energy, the maelstrom swiftly grows more unstable. Having gorged itself on magic and the howling spirits of the dead, the maelstrom eventually collapses under the weight of its own existence in a nova of devastating energy.

~ ⦽ ~

I wanted to make it look as though the black void of the Maelstrom was crashing through the forests, and taking earth and branches with it, along with the souls of the dead, ripping them out of the ground as it passed over and through them.




The two Harrowmark Endless Spells so far completed together:





~ ⦽ ~

And I have made a start on the next one. I'm really pleased with how the spirits appear to be "riding" it!

Aethervoid Pendulum





6 comments:

  1. This theme is awesome and you are doing great job with it! I just hope you have enough branch bits to do more of them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much!
      Oh I do, don't worry. I was given a huge box of Sylvaneth leftovers by the very lovely Dan from "AoS Shorts"! =D

      Delete
  2. Hell's Teeth; that Pendulum is epic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent! As with the first one, I love how you're tying these in with the Harrowmark, and making them very specific incarnations of the Endless Spells.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you WestRider! I'm not sure how many I would have actually made if it wasn't for the theme - I'm very excited by them and I can't wait to get the next one started...

      Delete