Monday 6 March 2023

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet - The Swordfyshes, part 9


I bought a third box of Ironjawz Brutes last month and in between working on my display base I've built the next batch of pirates. But they aren't made to a be a single mob or warband: They are to boost up, to AoS sized mobs, the odds-and-ends with a mix of weapons I made for Warcry.

The three in the photo above are to add to the two armed with Gore-Hackas.



And these two are to make up a Choppa mob. One of the painted models (below) was in my first Brutes Mob, one was a new model for Warcry and one is the single Boss I bought on eBay.

They will have blue feathers in their hats, so mark them out from the other Choppa mob, who all have red bandanas / feathers.


+++

Wrecker - Brute with Gore-Choppa, broad-brimmed hat, a map scroll pinned to his back-armour.





+++

Bosun Zog - Brute Boss with a Boss Choppa, skull and crossbones belt buckle





+++

Pegleg Drak - Brute with Jagged Gore-Hacka, bicorn with skull and crossbones decoration, and peg-leg.





+++

Skag Fathom - Brute with Gore-Choppa, broad-brimmed hat with huge feather and skull and crossbones decoration.

This fella is one I'm really happy with. I chopped out the haft between the hands and above the left hand, from a pair of Gore-Hacka arms and swapped them for a Gore-Choppa so it is being held in the opposite grip to the standard bits. I didn't want all three Gore-Choppas in my army to all be held in exactly the same way.





+++

Grog Wort - Brute with Pair of Brute Choppas, broad-brimmed hat with a small bundle of bones as decoration.

I love this guy's sly look.





+++

All five are already undercoated and on my painting desk right now.

2 comments:

  1. I love these fellas. They exude a dangerous mix of cunning lethality and clumsiness that comes from living the life as a rover. I can almost smell the grog on their breath.
    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete