Saturday 12 November 2022

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet - The Swordfyshes, part 6


After looking at my new pirate Brutes, next to the rest of the Swordfyshes, I decided that the paint jobs of the original 5 Brutes were not quite good enough - their armour plates had almost all been painted as bare and slightly rusted metal. I much preferred the look of the rest of the crew who had some armour painted red or black (with white flames, checks and dags on them).

So after the game on Wednesday I picked out two, who are not currently on my roster, and brought them home to update. My warband usually lives at Viktor's house for the duration of the campaign for a couple of reasons:
  1. Viktor's game-room is the only place I game with any regularity, and
  2. I have forgotten to take them with me, on the day we have a game arranged, far to many times - thanks ADHD!
Edit: I have slowly worked through the rest of the mob and partially repainted all of them, one or two at a time each week. I'll add more photos soon!

+++

Sinka
A surly Brute with a pair of brute choppas, or sometimes a Brute Boss with a boss choppa.
(He was recently killed in our campaign, but now he has a fresh lick of paint he might be back!)





Jetsum
A jolly Brute with gore-choppa.
(At 175 points a Brute with a gore-choppa is 35 points more than a Brute with a pair of brute choppas, so sometimes it's tricky to fit him in a list. Other times he fills up left-over points very nicely!)





Hook
Impetuous and reckless. Armed with a choppa and a hook hand(!)





Flotsum
Armed with a pair of Brute Choppas. Wears a blue bandana with white spots





Line
Armed with a pair of Brute Choppas. Has a wooden peg-leg and wears a feathered broad-brimmed hat.





All the old lads together with their new paint jobs:


No comments:

Post a Comment