Friday 2 October 2020

Kurgan Ironhead - Freebooterz Warlord, part 1

It's Orktober!

I have had the amazing Ghazghkull Mag Uruk Thraka kit, from the Prophecy of the Wolf box sat in my pile of sprues since I split the box with BlessedKnight (Lee) earlier in the year (it actually feels like it was last year... but that's 2020 for you!). 

I've been wanting to make him into a Freebooterz Warlord since I decided to re-start my Ork army (as Frebooterz instead of Blood Axes), so I had a pretty solid idea of what I wanted to do in terms of build. I was very much influenced by the way Kari Hernesniemi (Koltti from Ironsleet) stripped-down Abaddon the Despoiler to make his Chaos Space Marines Champion of the Red Corsairs.

So most of the "conversion" work so far has just been a case of missing things off from the Ghaz kit - I have only added a couple of components so far. I think he still needs a few details added: bones, feathers, trophies, etc. for the full post-apocalyptic techno-barbarian space pirate look. Maybe some wires coming out of his metal bonce too.

But I am happy with this as a solid start. I think the build is about 90% done.

Makari has just received a bigger base, a new Freebooterz icon (instead of the Goff one) and a wonky pile of scrap to stand on (to make the banner a bit more vertical, and less prone to falling over).

The big "toof" on his right shoulder is from the Mek Gunz kit. The skull-and-crossbones icon is from the Flash Gitz box. His head is the banner top from the Ironjawz Ardboyz kit. The vent on top of his backpack is from the Ork Bomma kit.





He's a big lad!

+++

Edit: WIP photos







2 comments: