Friday 9 April 2021

Animosity III - The Prime Dominion, part 4


I'm using insulation foam to lift and level-off the upper and (flipped) lower halves of the Shrine Luminor as 2 separate pieces of scenery.


I'm going to hide the water texture too: either paving slabs or earth. Or both.


This was about half an hour in to the build.


The flipped underside looks really good and a rocky outcrop. I will add a few of the tiny tohnasai trees from the Shrine kit.





I might add more foam but I will cover the foam chips with a nice think layer of texture and paint it as earth. I'm not going to try to recreate the rocky texture as it would never quite match and that might look weird or jarring.

I'm really happy so far though. It's a little more complex than I'd hoped but nothing to bad.


Update! (2021-04-21) 
The build is finished and I've undercoated it black and zenithal basecoated it grey. I hope to start painting it soon.




2 comments:

  1. Looks promising so far. Love the idea of faction-specific tables, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Corpsewave! The next Animosity campaign is set in Hysh, so my pirate orruks will be heading there to plunder in the summer :)

      Delete