Thursday 4 March 2021

Animosity III - The Prime Dominion, part 1


Animosity III is brewing behind the scenes: it will be set in the Prime Dominion, in Haixiah - the hinterlands of Hysh. So I've been thinking a lot about making a Hysh board with the Shrine Luminor (when its released) and some artificial bonsai trees.

I have a vague plan to cut the rocky island in half horizontally, ground the top half as a "normal" building (i.e. not a floating island building!) and flip the bottom half to use it as a rocky "mountain". I am also looking for the ruins from Teclis' base to use on the bases of two or three fake plastic bonsai trees.

The paint recipe, on the back of the Teclis box, for the ruins is apparently a Karak Stone basecoat, with Spacewolf Grey Contrast Paint over the top, then a highlight with Karak Stone and lighter greys. I like the blueish tint so I will be going for that look too.




+++

This will all have to be acquired and done before the summer, so I want to keep the number of pieces of scenery quite low. I've ordered three fake bonsai trees from Ikea and part of Teclis's base ruins. I'm keeping an eye out for more ruins at a price I can afford. Now I just have to cross my fingers that the Shrine Luminor is released before the summer! For now all I can do is drawings...








3 comments:

  1. Ikea has fake bonsai trees! I never knew that, must check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! They are part of the "FEJKA" range.

      Delete
    2. The Ikea fake bonsai trees are too small, too bendy and don't look as good as I'd hoped. So I'm making bonsai style trees from Citadel Woods, a bit like the ones in the Lumineth promo photos.

      Delete