Tuesday 23 March 2021

Animosity III - The Prime Dominion, part 2

After giving up on the idea of using artificial bonsai trees (the affordable ones look really cheap and nasty in real life) I managed to get hold of some of the old (and sadly out of production) Citadel Woods. With a bit of careful branch-removal and assembling the leaves "wrong" I have been able to reproduce the Hyshian "tohnasai" trees that the GW studio team made for the Lumineth promo photos. I have saved all the removed branches to make smaller trees!

The Shrine Luminor is on pre-order this weekend, so the next stage of my Haixiah board can begin soon!





Update (2021-03-24) - I built another tohnasai tree. I tried to take some step-by-steps during this build.

1. Lay out a circle of big leaves.


2. Glue on more over the joins.


3. Glue smaller ones over the top.


4. When dry, flip and attach the tree by gluing leaves against it underneath


Three tohnasai trees (and a little shrub):



No comments:

Post a Comment