Monday 23 November 2020

Viva La Revulushun! - part 15, more scenery


Once I realised that my Mekworld scenery additions, and my Freebooterz ork vehicles and infantry have all been painted using a similar colour palette to Ian McQue’s Mileships / Mortal Engines concept art without really realising it, the next logical step was to really lean into it and make a bits of scenery that intentionally echoed the style.

So I slapped a bit of Stompa armour plating onto the top of a small section of Ryza Ruins and added some bits-box spares around it.


Putting a bit of (Skaven?) plank on top of two barrels suddenly transformed it into a Mek's workshop tea-break area and the "random bit off terrain to test a colour scheme" gained a character and a story of it's own. I love it when stuff like that happens. Some bits of cut plasti-card tubing for mugs and some bottles sealed the deal.

So I also added a water-still with a tap from the Zone Mortalis range. It looks like it could be a hot water tank!






Someone spilled their tea...




The TINIEST mushroom bit in the world!

+++

I also finished this bit of scatter terrain that has been sat on my desk waiting for paint for months.


2 comments: