Tuesday 1 September 2020

The Great Oubliette of Shyish, part 3

I built and painted a photo backdrop out of foamcore card and scenery leftovers in a few days:








And then things... got a little out of hand... I made a second backdrop for photos, by repurposing a Mordheim pit-fighting arena I made in 2011 and adding a lot of leftovers from The Harrowmark scenery.


This is what it looked like before I started the rebuild. It was used for a "sub-game" between the main games of Mordheim in the campaign. Each warband sponsored a pit fighter and got bonuses if they did well. Lots of them died!

+++

I have raided my scenery bits box to the point of exhaustion!











I've started painting it, so far I have: sprayed rattlecan black then zenithal sprayed Mechanicus Standard Grey. Dry-brushed Ushabti Bone. Agrax Earthshade and Athonian Camoshade washes. Balthasar Gold on the statues and plaque.

I'm going to add a lot more detail and weathering, especially to the metalwork.


I've also taken some more spooky filtered photos...








+++

The most dangerous part of this project is the ideas it has given me. I am imagining a whole game board made of these boxes, to create an interlocking, modular, 3D game with built-in backdrops. So you would never have to worry about "off-table" objects appearing in batrep photos! It would really suit underhive or Space Hulk settings too....

2 comments: