Monday 15 July 2019

Shadows of Commorragh - part 14

Around the titanic central spires of the Dark City are the trading districts of the old Eldar empire. The lowliest of ports was once an architectural masterpiece millennia ago, but the ravages of civil war have not been kind. Low Commorragh now consists of a mixture of shattered ruins and scavenged former glories. Numerous dilapidated fortress complexes and barter-ports now spread out in every direction. The lesser Kabals riddle the extremities of the angular black spires with opportunistic growth. The labyrinthine depths of the outer zones are so congested that a traveller could travel for months on end without so much as a glimpse of a stolen sun. Many areas that have been twisted beyond recognition by the tremendous upheaval of the Fall are haunted by scavengers and spectres. Within the pitch-black catacombs of Low Commorragh there lurks far larger and uglier creatures than the Dark Eldar, for they are prowled by the lost, and the feral thrive there.



~ 🜾 ~

The Voidfall Tower


This is a TT Combat laser-cut MDF "Space Elf Watchtower" kit on top of a 3D printing filament spool I was given. The "power vain" on the middle level actually a leg from a "Space Elf Landing Pad" kit. I added a bit of wreckage made from ancient Raider parts and some ruined walls made from Lord of the Rings Moria scenery.

There are a couple of Drukhari-styled details added with spares from my Commorragh bits box - probably from the Daughters of Khaine Cauldron of Blood and a Drukhari Cronos, but I'm not certain.

I may revisit it and add more dust/dirt to it as it looks a bit "clean" for my taste, especially on the lowest level.






Now I can't wait to get my Deep Cut Studio "Gotham" game mat and get an idea of how it all looks together!

~ 🜾 ~

And, purely because I enjoy having such things on the table during games, I made some Drukhari glyph cards. I may add some more "texture" or details to them before the campaign starts...


6 comments:

  1. That is coming together fantastically! Looking forward to when some games start happening.

    Also, maybe it's just because it's like 2 in the morning here, but the tower sort of looks to me like it could make a good cupcake display or something for the right kind of bakery ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks WestRider!

      Ha - @dangerous_joe on Twitter has been sending me images of cupcake stands to make into more platforms! =D

      Delete
    2. OK, so maybe it's not just me at 2AM XD

      Delete
  2. Have you seen the warcry figs? Some might make good bases for more Drukhari.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good grief yes! Corvus Cabal and Cypher Lords both caught my eye immediately for this!

      Delete