Friday 15 April 2016

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet, part 13: Adm'rul Kurgan Grimjaw (WIP)

Since the AoS "Megaboss" won't fit in with my pirates I decided to make my own, using stuff I have in my bits collection.

I had two of the Warboss Grukk Facerippa models from an exchange of Orks for Marines from the Stormclaw box with Blessed Knight.

The first thing I did was remove the obviously 40k mechanical elements.


Then I started looking for likely parts to add to him.


And started adding greenstuff pirateyness:


Here he is with my previous Adm'rul Kurgan as a size comparison:


It physically hurt me to cut the hands off the pirate Ogre Maneater. I will be replacing them though, so the model will get another chance at life!



Weapons and crabs (obviously!) added. I've bulked out the Maneater's rapier by shaving down the back of an Ogre Bull's sword and joining it to the rapier with greenstuff. Braided hair (from Space Wolf heads!) still WIP.





The "bits pile" for him now looks like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment