Friday 20 October 2023

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet - The Plunderblades and the Portwreckas, part 3


I got hold of the new Ardboys kit a few weeks ago but I have only just got round to building them. I replaced all of their heads with heads from a mix of Ironjawz Brutes, old orks even older orcs, and Bonesplitterz Savage Orruks. Brute heads fitted pretty well and the join will be reinforced by the greenstuff hats - I probably should have added tongues to more of the ones with open mouths though.

I left off their shields (and saved them to armour the prow of a ship at some point!) and replaced their left hands with hands holding weapons (mostly from Brutes, but also some from Orks and Orcs!)

To mix up their look a bit I made 6 Ork Beast Snagga Boyz into extra Ardboys, by adding Brute forearms and shoulder armour plates (and a boot, from a Freebooterz banner, to replace a bionic foot in one case!).

I will make up the numbers for two units of 10 by adding four of my existing models - two Ardboy Bosses (made from Ork Nobz) and two Glyph Bearers (also made from Ork Nobz - probably a drummer and a standard-bearer).


This was taken before I started work on greenstuff hats, but you can see that the 6 Beast Snagga Boyz blend in pretty well.

+++

As well as giving them all impressive hats, I am adding additional nautical gear to all of them. Things like pistols, powder and shot pouches, ropes, maps, and trophies.





+++





+++





+++

This one has a Bonesplitterz Savage Orruk head:





+++





+++





+++





So far I have 7 ready for undercoating. I usually work in smaller batches, so this might feel like a bit of a slog, but I think I will try to complete the build and greenstuff of the other 9 before I move on to painting.

I might paint them in small groups though!

2 comments: