Monday 14 November 2022

Dark Skies Over The Harrowmark - part 16, Megadroth Remains






Orruk Brute for scale (it's a BIG skeleton!)


I've wanted one of these big beauties since they were first previewed, but somehow only just got round to actually pulling the trigger.

I added a few branches from old Citadel Woods, so it looks like the forest is overgrowing the skeleton a little. I think that, once mixed in with the Wyldwood trees in my collection, they will help sell the idea.

Like those trees the Megadroth Remains will serve double-duty in both The Harrowmark (because a big skeleton is never out of place in the Realm of Death) and The Prowling Forest, in the Scarlands (because a big skeleton is also never out of place in the Realm of Beasts!).

Update: I was asked for the bone painting recipe on Facebook, so I will add it here too.
  • Spray undercoated black, zenithal primed grey.
  • Painted the bones with Wraithbone then Skeleton Horde Contrast.
  • Dry-brushed with Ushabti Bone all over then White Scar on the sharper edges.
  • Painted a little Plaguebearer Flesh Contrast onto the lowest parts, but with a "ragged" edge so there wasn't a "tideline".
  • Horns and spines then got a coat of Snakebite Leather Contrast.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully painted: i bought a Magmadroth Remains kit, when I watched the Cult of Paint painting demo for Warcry: Heart of Ghur: your version is even better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pads! That is high praise, that I'm not sure I deserve, but I'll take it anyway!!! =D

      Delete