Tuesday 1 December 2020

Burlok Damminsson and the Reckless Endrineers, part 1




Burlok Damminson, son of Dammin Burlokson, son of Burlok Damminson, son of Dammin Burlokson, son of Burlok Damminson, son of Dammin Burlokson, son of Burlok Damminson, son of Dammin Burlokson, son of ...

It's a strong family tradition going back to before the Age of Myth.

+++


As soon as I saw the 2020 Christmas model from GW I started planning an AoS version of Burlok Damminson. I have never really been "into" Dwarfs and while I like the idea of the Kharadron Overlords a lot, I wasn't keen on any of the character models, so I didn't consider them as a force for me. But the new "Jakkob Bugmansson" is such a great model I couldn't resist it.

Back in the "Age of Lead" I had the start of a Dwarf force that never really got any further than purchasing three blister packs and gluing them into their bases: it was Burlok Damminson and 6 Thunderers. 

So now I'm going to reproduce them as a Kharadron Warcry warband. I used a Datasmith powerfist (from the Kastalan Robots kit) for Burlok's BIONIC left arm (the barrel is the aether endrin powering it) and a very old Dwarf Warrior's hammer instead of his pint.



The Reckless Endrineers:


An Arkanaut Captain, 5 Thunderers with Aethershot Rifles, and an Endrinrigger with an Aethermatic Volley Gun is just under 1000 points in Warcry.

I used Space Wolf heads instead of the masked helmets. The neck joints needed more work than I'd hoped but I think they match the look of the helmetless Kharadron in the Battletome art quite nicely. I have also heard a lot of bad reports about the flying stands, so I have improvised something from my bits box instead - I think it's from a Coven Throne kit?










No comments:

Post a Comment