Wednesday 10 April 2024

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet: The Rotmoons - Bonesplitterz to Ironjawz, part 1


As my orruk pirate crews are going to have to shift rules again - this time from Bonesplitterz to Ironjawz - they are going to need a couple of changes. The main change is new leaders, as some of the models I have will not work as Ironjawz.

The Rotmoons and the Ogresuns will each need a new boss and a new shaman. The Cleavermaws are okay as Kaptain Mogrum was built as a Weirdnob Shaman (it was only later I started using Bonesplitterz Wurrgog Prophet rules for him. Both are on 40mm bases anyway).

The Rotmoons are the first crew on deck.

Kapitan Alunzo daLeeva was a Savage Big Boss, he'll be an Ardboy Big Boss in AoS and a Brute Boss in Warcry (at least until they add rules for the Ardboy Big Boss and the other new Ironjawz models!).

El Doktoro was a Wardokk, or sometimes a Morboy Bone Totem Bearer in Warcry. He will become a Weirdnob Shaman.


+++

The first-stage build for Weirdnob Shaman El Doktoro - as I did with Old Mudgob, I've converted a barefoot Brute model. I like the way it makes a shaman feel a little bit more "wild". I'm also very pleased with the staff - I think it links to the crew's name and theme quite nicely.






The greenstuff work: gap-filling and adding the rest of his coat, an Elizabethan ruff/collar, and a pair of crude "sunglasses" made from chunks of broken glass.





+++

Ardboy Big Boss Kapitan Alunzo daLeeva mid-build (I'm was searching for the right bits...)


He also gets an Elizabethan ruffe, a goatee beard, a pair of pistols, I still want to add some kind of fancy coat (worn as a half-cape) and a bit of jewellery.





(Their bases are made from cut-up bits of scafolding from the Thondian Strongpoint / Domicile Shell kit. I got a couple of the sprues from Stormbringer magazine recently.)

Painting next...

1 comment:

  1. Rest in rip to the Badfangs, truly one of the warbands of all time

    ReplyDelete