Friday 23 June 2023

Kommordore Deffgit and The Gloomwyrms - part 6: Blastboyz


After a bit of faffing I have converted and greenstuffed three out of the six Boltboyz that I have (thanks to getting two copies of Stormbringer Magazine issue 14 from Forbidden Planet!).

Crossbows are not very piratey, so I have made mine into "Blastboyz" armed with swivel-guns made from Kharadron Thunderers Aethercannon parts.

Originally I used plasticard tubing and greenstuff to make the swivel-guns but the tubing melted! I don't think I had used it before (I bought it from a model railway shop years ago) and I don't think I will use it again.

The Kharadron guns look much better anyway, so I'm okay with it.

+++

Rogbat
Humourless and abrasive, Rogbat disliked most of the crew and was always quick to tell them so.





+++

Dursh
The leader of the swivel-gun team and probably the best shot, but even so he somehow ended up with the least impressive firearm.





+++

Umog
A troublemaker who delighted in starting arguments and fights. He never seemed to hang around when the punches started flying though.





+++

Stormbringer Magazine issue 9 provided a Swampcalla Shaman, so I have a second one in my warband now, though I doubt I will ever field both at once.

+++

Udrom Krowtoof
Underhanded and devious, Krowtoof never missed a chance to lie, cheat or steal to get an advantage. Through the use of crafty stratagems and treachery he always managed to come out on top.





+++

These 4 orruks are already undercoated and on my painting desk. I hope to have them done before the end of June!

2 comments:

  1. Only just spotted these now, but these look great! Looking forward to seeing them with paint on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Thalenchar - it won't be long now 😁

      Delete