Saturday 14 January 2023

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet - The Swordfyshes, part 7

I bought a box of Beast Snagga Boyz before Christmas, from eBay, to make into Pirate Ardboys but I have only just found time to start work on them.

The Beast Snagga Boyz to Pirate Ardboys conversion plan was very simple:
  • Build as standard but cut off both hands and replace with orc/ork hands holding swords and axes
  • Add bits box parts (mostly from Empire Pistoleers) like weapons and baggage
  • Greenstuff hats, eye-patches, beards, crabs, etc.


Orlop Durg
This one nearly had a blunderbuss. The Beast Snagga "thump gun" had a lot more high-tech looking details than I had expected, but after cutting and scraping them all off it just looked like a pipe, and not a piratey flintlock gun, so I used the alternative right arm and added ork swords (the left arm is shared by both build options). He had a bionic eye, so I shaved the lens off and added an eye-patch over the space left.





Kazok Trunnel
A simple handswap for this one, right from Orc Boarboy, left from Ork Boyz.





Kragdag Stay
This one had a bionic leg, so I cut it above his knee and added a lower-leg from the mounted Orc Boss legs. *
The bone hatpin is from the Crypt Ghoul kit. The wicker fender on his base is from the (MESBG) Lake Town House kit.





Belay Bazod
Another handswap. Both from Ork Boyz, but the right was from the pushfit "Assault on Black Reach" Boyz.






+++


Grapnul Gog
I also bought some parts of a Brute Boss from eBay (just the bits shown above) and added a load of spare parts I had leftover from the 10 Brutes I have already built.

This is to replace the Brute model I used to make my Weirdnob Shaman Old Mudgob, and make up the numbers so my Warcry Ironjawz could also serve in my Age of Sigmar army.

I plan to buy another box of 5 Brutes to fill out the remaining gaps - so I will eventually have two mobs of 5 Brutes armed with Brute Choppas and one mob armed with Jagged Gore-Hacka (with a Brute Boss and a Brute armed with a Gore Choppa in each mob).





With the Brute Boss and the first 4 Ardboys built and greenstuffed, I plan to start painting them before I build the rest.

+++

* The mounted Orc Boss parts came on the orc command sprue that had been added to the regular Orc Boyz kit when they took out the metal command parts - I'm pretty sure it was first released in the 6th edition WHFB starter set box. I had loads of them left over from that time, squirreled away in my orc bits box as I have never been a fan of cavalry models - I've only every used one unit of Boar Boyz in any of my orc armies over the years, and they were built from an even older kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment