Tuesday 15 March 2022

The Bitterscales, part 1


I've been meaning to get some Black Ark Corsairs for about a year and I finally got round to pulling the trigger a couple of weeks ago. I've built most of them "out of the box", with just a couple of heads from other kits. The Black Ark Reaver is a Blood Bowl Dark Elf with Corsair weapon hand-swaps.




I kind of wish I had put them all on 32mm bases though as they "spill over" the edges of the bases a bit too much for my taste. The kit is also showing it's age and was a bit fiddly to assemble. The parts are not brilliantly divided up and a lot of them don't fit together well, like more modern kits do.

I'm definitely a little bit disappointed with them. But they are on the painting table and won't take long. They will be in the same colour scheme as my aelves from last year.

They will be led by Illyana Draketooth, a Black Ark Fleetmaster. They will be the corsair crew who stayed loyal to her after their defeat in the Prime Dominion (in Animosity III). These 11 models plus Draketooth come in at just under 1000 points in Warcry.

2 comments:

  1. Really like the paint job and, of course, the connection to prior gaming outcomes. Super narrative.

    ReplyDelete