Thursday 7 May 2020

The Court of Spades, part 7

After morning prayers the band of Grail Pilgrims broke camp and gathered their meagre belongings. / The pack of Crypt Ghouls howled at the moon then picked up rocks and bones and wrapped themselves in rotten remains of clothes found in broken mausoleums.

They sang as the walked, the sun shone down through the spring-green bowers of the pleasant airy forest. / The pack slunk through the tangled roots and dead leaves beneath bare branches.

The merry Pilgrims soon came to a welcoming looking inn. Their spirits rose as they discussed the prospect of a night before a warm fire, with hot food and cold ale. / An overgrown ruin, from an age long forgotten, loomed over them in the dark: Broken pillars like black ribs reaching up into the night. The Ghouls swarmed through the shattered buildings, sniffing round rotting timbers and mossy stone.










~ ~ ~

The Grymwatch arrived in the post yesterday (they were the first thing I ordered when GW's web shop reopened - they came faster than I expected!), I assembled them as soon as I could. They went together really well... apart from the guy with the giant two-handed bone weapon: He was a bugger to assemble.



I wasn't keen on the halberd, so I swapped it for a scythe blade (from the Coven Throne kit I think). I need to add greenstuff robes and hoods to all of them, so they fit in with the Pilgrims as a coherent Warcry warband.

2 comments: