Friday, 21 August 2026

The Flaywilds Deck - Animosity VIII (part 3)


The Warhammer World meet-up for Animosity VIII is tomorrow, and I'm running a narrative Warcry campaign day there. 

I'm providing all the boards and scenery - the battleplans will be fixed for each board. 

I'll do my best to make sure everyone plays 3 games, on 3 different boards, against 3 different opponents.

Winning a game will earn 5 Varanite Tokens, a draw will earn 3, and a loss earns 1.

I've also stolen written a mini-game for everyone to play at the end of each Warcry battle.

It's heavily based on the Arcane Abilities mechanics from Moonstone, with an extra step.

Players will draw a hand of cards, and the active player must choose one to play, face-down, and declare what the colour and value of that card is... but they're allowed to lie and their opponent has to decide whether to accept it or call their bluff.

Should the resisting player accept it, both gain a small number of additional Varanite Tokens.

Should they call Bluff and the active player was lying - the card is not what they declared - the resisting player may replace the card with one from their hand. This increases the chance the active player will get a smaller, or no reward. If they play a Flaywilds card it will go very badly for the active player!

If the active player was not lying, and card played was the one declared, they not only get a larger reward, but they also may play a second card from their hand.








Varanite Tokens:


I've no idea how well this will work, but we'll see tomorrow, I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment