Thursday 15 August 2024

The Ironfang Pirate Fleet: The Rotmoons - Bonesplitterz to Ironjawz, part 5


With the primal beat of the Waaagh! constantly ringing in his head, Palmaz was probably as close to the archetypal "fire-and-brimstone preacher" as an orruk ever got. He tended to lead the singing of the Rotmoon's favourite loud and unpleasant sea-shanties. Especially the really dark ones.

No-one can remember exactly when he joined the Rotmoons, or even if he was invited. One theory is that he'd been on the crew for years as an ordinary, unnoticeable, ardboy and he just sort of... evolved into a Warchanter over time.

Whether that was true or not didn't really matter; the Rotmoons accepted that he was part of the crew in the usual matter-of-fact way that orruks do, and that was that.

+++





+++

And some WIP shots of the Warchanter before I started painting, because I just realised I hadn't posted about him then! I got him from Stormbringer Magazine (issue 75) simply because he's an Ironjawz hero, but it didn't take me long to pick which pirate crew I was going to make him!

The decking on the base is an offcut of (MESBG) Goblin Town platform scenery, with a little greenstuff under the edges.

I missed-off the big chunk of armour from his back and shoulders and the smaller one from his chest. I sculpted greenstuff muscles to fill the big hole that left in his back and the small ones in his chest.

When that was cured I replaced one of the shoulder plates with armour from the Beast Snagga Orks kit and added his half-cape (from the Aleguzzler Gargant kit) and then made greenstuff straps for the cape. The scroll-and-skull and book are from an eBay purchase of selected Empire / Freeguild Flagellant bits.

I sculpted the ruff after almost all the plastic parts were added, but while the greenstuff was still soft I glued on the beard (which was part of Gordrakk's necklace, i.e. from the Megaboss on Maw-krusha kit) and finished the ruff around it so the beard sat in the right place.






No comments:

Post a Comment